2019 Members Only Preview Party – The Pink House

2019 Members Only Preview Party – The Pink House

  The 2019 Members Only preview party was held at the magnificient 1910 Pink House graciously donated by Lisa and Jack LaFort. The party was a great send off for the yearly Historic House Tour which JHS has every year and was highlighted by an incredible glowing...
2019 House Tour – Saturday, Sept 14, 10am to 2pm

2019 House Tour – Saturday, Sept 14, 10am to 2pm

The three houses on this year’s tour illustrate three different approaches to making old houses livable in the 21st century. It will be held on Saturday, September 14, 2019 – 10am to 2pm. The homes are Preserve.  The almost unchanged Greene farmhouse at 55...
Library Exhibit, August 2019 Unusual Envelopes

Library Exhibit, August 2019 Unusual Envelopes

New Library Exhibit:  August, 2019 The new exhibit in the library show unusual envelopes in the JHS collection, ranging from late 19th century bills from Jamestown’s summer hotels that used drawings  of the hotel as return addresses to fancy cancels in honor of...
Jamestown Historical Sociey 2019 Annual Meeting

Jamestown Historical Sociey 2019 Annual Meeting

      Don Powers, owner and designer of the recently renovated Zero Energy House on PBS’s This Old House was the guest speaker at the Jamestown Historical Society annual meeting on Tuesday, August 20 which was held at the Jamestown Library.    ...
Jamestown Historical Society 2019 Summer Exhibit Opens

Jamestown Historical Society 2019 Summer Exhibit Opens

Co-curators of the Jamestown Historical Society summer exhibit, Sue Maden and Rosemary Enright (center), were joined by two of Dr. Bates’ descendants, Keith Kriet (left) and Barbara Magruder (right) for the opening of the exhibit about their ancestor. 2019 summer...
Members Only Tour – Prescott Farm

Members Only Tour – Prescott Farm

The latest Members Only Tour of Prescott Farm on May 15, 2019 was Fantastic. Prescott Farm is a 40 acre 18th century farm preserved by The Newport Restoration Foundation established by Doris Duke.  British General Richard Prescott was occupying the farm in July 1777,...