The JHS regularly updates its three main exhibit areas. Rosemary Enright and Sue Maden have been busy as 2015 began.
These exhibit areas are in –
the Jamestown Philomenian Library exhibit case in the entrance,
the Lawn Ave School display case in the entrance, and
the Jamestown Police Station.
Collections of Local Organizations
Our collection includes donations from several local non-profit organizations that have volunteer officers. The JHS now serves as the repository for their history. Their records are kept in a safe environment and can be made available on request to anyone who is interested.
Each organization has contributed to the community in many ways. To learn more about the contributions of these groups through their records, visit our online catalog at jamestownhistoricalsociety.org.
In the first Jamestown Library exhibit of 2015, we show items from –
- Quononoquott Garden Club (Founded 1949, still active.)
- Jamestown Women’s Club (Founded in 1933 as the Jamestown Current Events Club. In 1935 the name was changed. Disbanded in 1986.) [Not to be confused with the current Jamestown Women’s Club, which was found in 1971 as the Junior Women’s Club and was renamed in 2010.]
- American Legion (Founded 1929, still active.)