The new Lawn School Exhibit is all about transportation in Jamestown starting with the Sail Ferries that plied the waters from 1675 to 1969. They were supplemented by the first steam ferries in 1873 on the East Passage and 1888 on the West Passage. There is a complete list of the 15 ferries that includes the year they were built, when they were in service and what happened to them. The next topic is Transportation and Population 1770 to 2010. From 375 people during the sail only era to 5,403 in 2010.
Library Exhibit – August 2017: In honor of the 40th Anniversary of the Fools’ Rules Regatta The new
The JHS will hold a series of trolley tours to historic spots on Conanicut Island on Saturday, July
Library Exhibit – July 2017: Conanicut Island Boat Yards Memorabilia from the Boat Yards of Conanicut Island are
Members who attended the Preview Party of the new Museum Exhibit “Jamestown: Lost and Found” curated by Jim