Why Join JHS?
All membership monies go to supporting our collections, our properties, and the material cost of our programs. All staff are volunteers. Help us -
- Preserve the heritage of Jamestown and Conanicut, Dutch, and Gould islands
- Maintain our museum, the Jamestown windmill, the Conanicut Friends Meetinghouse, and the Conanicut Battery
- Preserve the JHS collection of artifacts, photographs, and documents
Member Gifts & Benefits
All members receive the JHS biannual newsletter and an invitation to the annual members-only House Tour Preview Party. Membership discounts are available on merchandise purchased at the museum.
Patrons receive a copy of the DVD History of Narragansett Avenue by Nick Schaus and Barry Cook. New 1657 Society members receive the DVD plus a JHS outdoor house plaque.
Other Ways to Get Involved
Volunteer to greet visitors at the museum.
Volunteer to show visitors through the windmill.
Join a committee -
- Programs - plan activities
- Collections - care for objects, create exhibits, enter data in the database
- Battery - clear the earthworks and paths, help with Battery Day
- Windmill - conduct tours, take care of the building, help with Windmill Day
- Meetinghouse - conduct tours, care for the building
- Communications - write articles, maintain the website and Facebook