Some of the acquisitions and donations to JHS during 2016 are displayed in the new library exhibit. It includes a photo of the painting “Crossing the Great Creek” by J.A.S. Monks donated by Thayer Hutchinson and the Hutchinson family. There is a copy of “Preserving Jamestown, Rhode Island. The How and Why of Safeguarding an Island’s Historic Resources,” by William R. Ross. Submitted in partial fulfillment of the requirements of Master of Science in Historic Preservation, Columbia University, donated by William R. Ross. There is a guest book registry (October, 1944- March, 1960) from the Shoreby Hill home of Harriet and Hiram Beers. There is a cup and saucer in the Unity pattern, belonging to the Cottrell family, donated by Harry T. Burn. Many other interesting things are there for you to see, so come by the library.
A Members Only Outing was organized by Jim Buttrick and Rosemary Enright. The group received a great tour
A great time was had by all at the Pre Party for this year’s house tour.
Library Exhibit – September 2017: 150th Anniversary – Central Baptist Church The new exhibit in the library celebrates
This year’s house tour will be in the Ferry Meadows area. Jamestown village’s first development. It will be