This year’s house tour takes us on a tour of Jamestown’s eastern shoreline from Hamilton Avenue to Fort Wetherill. It will be held on Saturday, September 15, 10am to 2pm.
Belcour, 57 Walcott Avenue – Just north of Hamilton Avenue; built for the Johnson family of St. Louis in 1895.
Round House, also called Monitor, 104 Racquet Road – Attributed to Charles McKim of McKim, Mead, and White; built in 1888 for Daniel S. Newhall.
The Annex, 100 Racquet Road – A latecomer, built in 1939 and tucked against the rocks between the Round House and the bay.
Bull Point, 4 Fort Wetherill Road – Guarded the entrance to Harbor Entrance, one of the grandest of Jamestown’s lost summer homes.